FB Source: Stacie Allred (via a newspaper from the mid-90s)
2 small pkgs (4 serving size) Instant Chocolate Pudding
4 C Milk
8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
2 3oz packages of Ladyfingers
32 Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
12 oz Whipped Topping
- Beat softened cream cheese in a large mixing bowl until smooth.
- Add in the chocolate pudding mixes and 3 cups of milk and mix on low speed until mixed thoroughly. (It's okay if small bits of cream cheese remain.)
- If they aren't already (mine are), split the lady fingers in half, lengthwise. Place half of one package on the bottom of your trifle bowl, cut side up.
- Slowly drizzle 1/4 cup of milk over the the lady fingers to moisten. (As a general rule, I just pour 1 tsp of milk over each individual ladyfinger.)
- Spread 1/4 of the pudding mixture over the ladyfingers.
- Spread 1/4 of the whipped topping over the pudding layer.
- Chop 8 cookies and sprinkle over the whipped topping.
- Repeat the layers 3 more times, beginning with the ladyfingers and ending with crushed cookies on top.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 6-8 hours.
Optional: garnish with extra cookies.
Other variations we have tried (or WANT to try):
- Mint cookies and mint chocolate pudding mix - tried successfully
- Colored Oreos (when they color the cream filling) is fun at Halloween (orange) and Christmas time (red/green) - tried successfully
- Peanut butter Oreos and add a little bit of peanut butter to the pudding mixture - want to try