ORIGINAL Source: Tasty Kitchen
3 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup melted butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3-8 oz. packages cream cheese, softened
2 large eggs
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 1/2 cups toasted pecan halves
2 cups good quality caramel sauce (homemade would be best )
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients for the crust until moist.
- Press into a 10 inch spring form pan and set aside.
- In a stand mixer, whip cream cheese and sugar together until smooth.
- With mixer on low, stir in vanilla and eggs, one at a time. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl and stir again.
- Whip in flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. Scrape sides and stir again if necessary.
- Pour filling into prepared crust and smooth the top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until cheesecake is set and hardly jiggles, if at all, when moved. Remove from oven and cool completely to room temperature.
- Arrange pecan halves over top entire cheesecake in concentric circles.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Once ready to serve, run a knife around edges of cheesecake and remove sides of spring form pan.
Side note: I prefer to warm my caramel syrup to have a delicious contrast of hot and cold for this dessert.