FB Source: Julie Morgan
1 lb ground beef
1 lb ground pork or mild Italian sausage
1 cup breadcrumbs
1 TBSP Italian seasoning
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 lb mozzarella, cut into cubes
Marinara (jar or homemade)
- In a large bowl mix beef through pepper ingredients.
- Form into 2" balls.
- Press a cheese cube in the middle and seal the meat around it.
- Heat 1/2" oil in a large skillet. Brown meatballs and then set aside on plate.
- Pour marinara sauce into pan; bring to a simmer.
- Add meatballs and simmer until cooked through, about 30 minutes.
- Serve over spaghetti or on top of a hoagie!!